WEEK 2 of Sauté
YOUR GOAL: Apply what you learned last week to this week’s protein assignment
What you need to know:
- Costing Sheet Study Hall is under resources.
- Jacques Pepin’s How To Fabricate a Chicken
- Go to youtube and check out chicken fabrication. Try to watch Chefs, please.
- Don’t want to make demi glace? See below.
- Glace de Volaille recipe. This replaces demi glace. Infinitely cheaper.
- If you don’t even want to do that, here are several different ways to thicken a sauce.
Sauteing Protein and Pan Sauce:
- Hot oven.
- Hot pan.
- Hot oil.
- Presentation side down first.
- Do not move until it tells you it is ready to move. You will need faith.
- Turn when brown.
- Throw in oven to cook 7 to 12 minutes. (Thickness of piece tells you how long.)
- Remove from oven.
- Rest Protein.
- Add touch more oil.
- Add veg and sauté. (Such as onions, mushrooms.) GBD
- Deglaze and reduce alcohol to au sec. (almost dry).
- Add glace or chicken stock or cream.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce or thicken with some kind of slurry (cornstarch, arrowroot)
- Nappé. (Napper in Glossary)
- Taste and season.
- Monté au beurre. (Monté au beurre in Glossary)