YOUR GOAL: Golden Brown Deliciousness GBD!
What you need to know:
- You are practicing making batters. (Note: the fritter recipe is too watery. Double the flour.)
- Remember, to make the batter stick, lightly dredge product in flour. Shake off excess.
- Right oil: refer to smoking points of oil
- Cut the vegetables evenly and not too big.
- If you are working desserts, freezing the product before battering helps a lot.
- Have the oil hot before battering the vegetables.
- Remember, as the food drains on paper towels, season with at least salt.
- Have the sauce premade.
- Stage your plate.
- Hot oil between 325 to 375 degrees F.
- A thermometer is handy to maintain temperature.
- You will need at least 2 inches of oil to simulate deep frying if you do not have a fryer.
- Prepped vegetables or other.
- Dredge in flour, then batter, then into fryer.
- Japanese drop and tempura. Notice how the chef works the product into the oil.
- You are looking for GBD! You may have to gently turn over.
- Remove from fryer.
- Season at least with salt while draining.
- Plate, garnish, sauce.